Some dishes are just made for feeling nice and warm and fluffy inside – and this one definitely fits the bill!
▪ Type: Vegetarian
▪ Approx. Preparation time: 10 mins
▪ Approx. Cooking & Assembly time: 20 mins
▪ Serves: 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 and a half cups full fat milk
- 1 handful sweet and juicy cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of breadcrumbs
- 100g gouda
- 3 black pepper corns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and set aside
- Chop the Gouda into small cubes
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Boil a pan of water, add salt and quinoa and cook for 20 mins or until quinoa is cooked.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking , add the semolina, milk and spices to another pan, and place on high heat. Stir with a whisk till the mixture thickens (mind the cinnamon stick!). Take off the heat when the mixture is the consistency of soft mash potato. Cover with a lid and set aside.
- When the quinoa is cooked, sieve through.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the quinoa, semolina mix and Gouda. Once well combined, pop the whole mix into an oven dish.
- Place the whole cherry tomatoes on the top to decorate – these will bring some juicy flavour to the dish when they’re cooked!
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Pop in the over for 10-15 mins or till the top has browned slightly and tomatoes are cooked and soft
- Serve hot!