This cake was a rather unexpected combination. It so happened that I had to trim my overgrown mint plant on the same day that my usual condensed milk cans were replaced by caramel flavoured cans in my weekly grocery delivery.
I ended up mixing the two in what turned out to be a fresh tasting, soft and moist little number!
- Type: Vegetarian
- Approx. Preparation time: 10 mins
- Approx. Cooking time: 25 mins
- Serves: 4
- 175g of caramel flavoured condensed milk
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 generous handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Half a teaspoon of rose water
- Wash and finely chop the mint leaves
- Pre-heat the over at 175 degrees celsius
- Combine tall the ingredients, and mix well.
- Grease a loaf tin and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the centre is cooked but still a little moist
- Optional – I like serving this cake cut off into little pieces, perfect for grazing!