If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you’ll notice that pear and dark chocolate are recurring ingredients in my recipes… I do buy other things too!
What this goes to show is how versatile ingredients can be when you put your creative hat on!
This tasty bowl is a real pleasure for the tastebuds, and a chance to serve a super pretty plate of food!
- Type: Vegan
- Approx. Preparation time: 10 mins
- Approx. Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 2
- 2 pears
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 50g Hazelnuts
- a pinch of cinnamon
- For decoration: rose petals, fudge cubes…
- Peal the pears.
- With the peeler, peel off 6 pear strips and set aside for decoration.
- Cut the remainder of the pears in small cubes
- Heat a small pot on medium heat. Add the pear cubes to the pan with the cinnamon and two tablespoons of water
- Leave to heat for a few minutes until pears are soft. Once pears are cooked, take off the heat and cover with a lid. Set aside for a few minutes.
- After five minutes, mash the pears into a roughly compote.
- Heat a small pan on medium heat and add the hazelnuts to the pan. Heat for 2-3 minutes making sure the nuts don’t burn. Take the hazelnuts off the heat and roughly chop with a sharp knife.
- Melt the chocolate using the method of your choice (microwave or Bain Marie)
- Place the pears at the bottom of your serving dish.
- Cover the pears with chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour a thin layer of chocolate on the hazelnuts.
- Sprinkle with decoration items: rolled pear strips, fudge, rose petals… whatever takes your fancy!