One thing I have learned when experimenting in the kitchen is how much of a difference good olive oil makes. Especially when used in salad dressing, using quality olive oil changes EVERYTHING (so much so that this deserved full capitals!)
Before you start this recipe, pop out to buy a good bottle of olive oil – the night-and-day taste difference is absolutely worth the extra pennies!
Approx. Preparation time: 10 mins
Approx. Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 cup puy lentils
- Half a red onion
- 1 small handful fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 squeeze of lime or lemon juice
- 1 small pinch paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly in warm water. Leave the lentils to soak in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Wash and finely chop the fresh coriander.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, the lime or lemon juice, the paprika, salt and pepper
- Boil water in a pan and cook the lentils for as long as instructed on the packet.
- When then lentils are cooked, rinse under cold water to cool down.
- In a serving bowl, mix the lentils, onion, coriander and dressing together, and serve!