This delicious desert combines the loveliness of spiced pears, the warmth of cinnamon with the freshness of raspberries and the sweetness of white chocolate… Moorish!
Approx. Preparation time: 10 mins
Approx. Cooking time: 10 mins
Approx. Assembly Time: 10 mins
- Half a cup of jumbo rolled oats
- 2 pears
- 150g Raspberries
100g white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons of maple sirup
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 degrees celsius
- In a bowl, mix the oats with one teaspoon of maple sirup and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Spread the oats on an oven tray evenly and pop into the oven for 10 minutes until lightly golden
- Once the oats are done, pop them into a blender and pulse for 4 to 5 seconds
- Peel the pears and remove the core. Slice them into round slices
- Wash the raspberries. Keep 6 raspberries for decorating, and roughly crush the remainder into a small bowl. Leave aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of butter over medium heat into a pan.
- When the butter is melted, add a teaspoon maple sirup and a pinch of cinnamon. Mix well.
- Place the pear into the pan and swirl around so that the pears are well coated in the mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of water and leave to heat, until the pear is cooked – it should be soft. If the water evaporates before this, top up with water one teaspoon at a time.
- When the pear is cooked, take the pan off the heat, cover with a lid and leave aside to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate using the method of your choice (microwave or bain marie)
- Take your serving pots
- Lay the slices of pears at the bottom of the pots – if the pears are still warm, pop them into the freezer to finish cooling
- Top the pears with crushed raspberries
- Pour some white chocolate over the raspberries
- Finish with a layer of oats
- Pop the pots in the freezer
- Take the pots out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Decorate with fresh raspberries and melted white chocolate if you have any leftover!