This lovely platter is a real play on textures.
It gives you the light al-dente crunch of some of the veggies…
The full hard crunch of the roasted cashews…
and the delicate softness of the aubergines…
all bound together with the sticky, sweet teriyaki sauce…
It’s a delight, and it reminds you that eating can truly be a sensual, exquisite experience for your taste buds!
You can serve this platter on its own, or with a side of noddles or plain rice.
Approx. Preparation time: 10 mins
Approx. Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 handful longstem brocolis
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- 100g Tofu
- 200g Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Pinch paprika
- 1 Teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 dash olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut the aubergine in four long pieces
- Cut the courgette in long, thick pieces
- Trim the edges of the brocoli to remove any damaged parts
- Cut the tofu in medium size pieces
- In a small bowl, mix a drop of sunflower oil with the paprika. Add the cashews and mix well until the cashews are homogeneous coated with the spice
- Put the aubergines on a tray. Sprinkle with salt and a dash of olive oil. Put the aubergine in the in oven for 12 mins.
- In the meantime, heat some sunflower oil in a wok or non-stick pan on high heat
- When the oil is hot add the courgette, broccoli and tofu. Stir fry in the pan for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables and tofu are cooked
- Add the teriyaki sauce and cook for another 3 mins
- Heat a flat pan on high heat. When the pan is hot, add the cashews and roast for a few minutes, until they brown slightly -watching them carefully to prevent burning
- When the cashews are roasted, chop them roughly with a sharp knife. Set aside
- Take the aubergines out of the oven and put them in the hot pan used for the cashews. Toast them for a couple of minutes on each side to finish cooking them
- Make some cuts along the top of the aubergines
- At the time of serving, place the aubergines and the veggies on a plate. Drizzle with some teriyaki sauce all over – the sauce should drizzle into the cuts made on the aubergines
- Finish by sprinkling with the chopped cashews
- Serve hot!