This recipe has to be one of the simplest you’ll come across. It’s healthy, easy to make and super quick – what more can one ask for?
You can make this in small quantities as a side, or you can make more of it and vamp it up with other greens like french beans, spinach, asparagus… The world is your oyster!
There are two cooking stages for the veggies. The pre-cooking step in the oven makes the veggies nicely plump without them sticking to a pan or burning. The second step allows you to finish cooking the veg without them drying out, as they might in the oven.
Type: Vegetarian (can be made Vegan if substituting the feta for vegan cheese)
Approx. Preparation time: 5 mins
Approx. Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 courgettes
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- A handful of feta cubes
- Balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- Salt, to sprinkle
- Cut the courgettes in long stems (see pictures above)
- Cut off the ends of the broccoli stems to remove any damaged part
- Switch on the oven at 180 degrees celsius
- Put the courgette and broccoli on an oven tray and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt
- Pop in the over for 10 minutes to pre-cook
- After 10 minutes, take the veggies out of the oven and heat up a teaspoon of sunflower oil in a wok or a large pan
- When the oil is hot, add the veggies to the wok and stir well. Cook for 5-7 minutes (or until vegetables are fully cooked), stirring regularly to prevent burning
- Put the vegetables into the serving bowl and crumble the feta over the top.
- Drizzle with some balsamic vinegar and serve hot!